Conference "Algebraic groups: the White Nights season II"
July 4 - 8, 2022
Registration deadline: 12 June 2022
The decision on financial support for the participants will be made right after the registration deadline.
Nowadays the concept of an algebraic group plays a key role in many branches of mathematics and its applications. The theory of algebraic groups includes plenty of deep ideas and results that establish links between different subjects and techniques, and provides a uniform approach to completely different problems. There are several active research groups in Moscow, Novosibirsk, Saint Petersburg and Samara working on various aspects of algebraic groups, and the aim of the conference is to bring researchers from these groups together and to provide a space for sharing the results, exchanging ideas, and discussing possible future projects. The major part of participants, including invited speakers, will be young researchers.
The subjects of the event are the structural theory of algebraic groups and the theory of algebraic transformation groups. The talks will be devoted to automorphisms of algebraic varieties, torus actions, gradings on algebras, affine geometry, locally nilpotent derivations, real forms of algebraic groups, homogeneous spaces, Galois cohomology, Poisson structures on Lie algebras, and invariant theory.
Books of abstracts (TBA)
Tentative list of speakers
- Roman Avdeev • HSE University
- Evgeny Feigin • HSE University and Skoltech
- Sergey Gayfullin • Lomonosov Moscow State University and HSE University
- Vsevolov Gubarev • Sobolev Institute of Mathematics RAS and Novosibirsk State University
- Mikhail Ignatyev • Samara University
- Valentina Kiritchenko • HSE University
- Pavel Kolesnikov • Sobolev IM/NSU
- Andrei Lavrenov • St. Petersburg University
- Ivan Limonchenko • HSE University
- Taras Panov • Lomonosov Moscow State University and HSE University
- Alexander Perepechko • Institute for Information Transmission Problems RAS and HSE University
- Yuri Prokhorov • Steklov Mathematical Institute RAS and Lomonosov Moscow State University and HSE University
- Anton Shafarevich • Lomonosov Moscow State University and HSE University
- Konstantin Shramov • Steklov Mathematical Institute RAS
- Evgeny Smirnov • HSE University
- Alexey Stepanov • St. Petersburg University
- Nikolai Vavilov • St. Petersburg University
- Alexander Zheglov • Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Ivan Arzhantsev • HSE University
- Victor Petrov • St. Petersburg University
- Dmitry Timashev • Lomonosov Moscow State University
Institutions participating in the organization of the event
- St. Petersburg Department of Steklov Mathematical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Leonhard Euler International Mathematical Institute in St. Petersburg
- Laboratory on Algebraic Transformation Groups at HSE University
The mini-workshop is financially supported by a grant from the Government of the Russian Federation, agreement 075-15-2022-289 and by a grant from Simons Foundation.