Thematic program "New Trends in Mathematical Stochastics"
August 15 – December 31, 2021 (rescheduled from 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic)
The general idea of this thematic program is to strengthen interactions between experts and young researchers working in the areas of probability theory, stochastic processes and their applications. Visits of leading scientists in these areas will serve to enrich the mathematical education in St. Petersburg and to develop possibilities for future collaboration.
Longer term visitors to the semester are welcome. Some financial support is available for scientists in the field of probability and statistics who plan to make a joint research with specialists based in St. Petersburg. Visits for a period longer than 1 month are preferred, but shorted periods are also possible on negotiation.
The following activities will be organized during the program:
- introductory online school "Randomness online", November 4 – 8, 2020
- conference “New Trends in Mathematical Stochastics”, August 30 – September 3, 2021
- workshop "St. Petersburg Youth Conference in Probability and Mathematical Physics", December 21 – 24, 2021
- a number of minicourses given by invited visitors.
- Ildar Ibragimov, PDMI
- Yana Belopolskaya, SPbUACE
- Andrei Borodin, PDMI
- Yury Davydov, SPbU
- Mikhail Lifshits, SPbU
- Maria Platonova, PDMI and SPbU
- Natalia Smorodina, PDMI and SPbU
- Yuri Yakubovich, SPbU
- Andrei Zaitsev, PDMI
- Dmitry Zaporozhets, PDMI
Institutions participating in the organization of the event:
- St. Petersburg Department of Steklov Mathematical Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Leonhard Euler International Mathematical Institute in Saint Petersburg
- Chebyshev Laboratory at St.Petersburg State University
The program is supported by a grant from the Government of the Russian Federation, agreements 075-15-2019-1619 and 075-15-2019-1620, and by a grant from Simons Foundation.