Conference "Algebraic groups: the White Nights season III"
July 10 - 14, 2023
Registration deadline: 1 June 2023
The decision on financial support for the participants will be made right after the registration deadline. Financial support may be provided only if you either give an invited talk or make a report or do a poster.
Nowadays the concept of an algebraic group plays a key role in many branches of mathematics and its applications. The theory of algebraic groups includes plenty of deep ideas and results that establish links between different subjects and techniques, and provides a uniform approach to completely different problems. There are several active research groups in Moscow, Novosibirsk, Saint Petersburg and Samara working on various aspects of algebraic groups, and the aim of the conference is to bring researchers from these groups together and to provide a space for sharing the results, exchanging ideas, and discussing possible future projects. The major part of participants, including invited speakers, will be young researchers.
The subjects of the event are the structural theory of algebraic groups and the theory of algebraic transformation groups. The talks will be devoted to automorphisms of algebraic varieties, torus actions, gradings on algebras, affine geometry, locally nilpotent derivations, real forms of algebraic groups, homogeneous spaces, Galois cohomology, Poisson structures on Lie algebras, and invariant theory.
Book of Abstracts
List of speakers
- Roman Avdeev (HSE)
- Anton Fonarev (Steklov IM)
- Sergey Gayfullin (MSU/HSE)
- Mikhail Ignatyev (SamNRU)
- Alexander Kuznetsov (Steklov IM)
- Mikhail Kuznetsov (Lobachevsky SU)
- Pavel Kolesnikov (Sobolev IM/NSU)
- Dmitry Millionshchikov (MSU)
- Taras Panov (MSU/HSE)
- Alexander Perepechko (IITP/HSE)
- Yuri Prokhorov (Steklov IM/MSU/HSE)
- Alexander Sergeev (Saratov SU)
- Anton Shafarevich (MSU/HSE)
- Konstantin Shramov (Steklov IM)
- Evgeny Smirnov (HSE)
- Anastasia Stavrova (SPBU)
- Nikolai Vavilov (SPBU)
- Ivan Arzhantsev • HSE University
- Victor Petrov • St. Petersburg University
- Dmitry Timashev • Lomonosov Moscow State University
Institutions participating in the organization of the event
- St. Petersburg Department of Steklov Mathematical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Leonhard Euler International Mathematical Institute in St. Petersburg
- Laboratory on Algebraic Transformation Groups at HSE University
The mini-workshop is financially supported by a grant from the Government of the Russian Federation, agreement 075-15-2022-289.
Pages of previous years
Conference "Algebraic groups: the White Nights season II"